Be a donor
Grow the Fringe with us!
In order for the M1 Singapore Fringe Festival to develop and present ground-breaking, stimulating and engaging works, The Necessary Stage as the festival's organiser and all the artists and personnel involved rely on your generous donations.
We are a not-for-profit organisation that depends on your generosity and belief in our work to make the Fringe a success. Donations are received during our fundraising events and donation drives, but are welcome all year round.
The Government has extended the 250% tax deduction for qualifying donations made from 1 January 2016 to 31 December 2026. Furthermore, your donation will be eligible for the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth's (MCCY) new Cultural Matching Fund (CMF) that provides a dollar-for-dollar match for cash donations to arts and heritage charities.
Online Donations via our Donation Portal
Visit our Donation Portal to donate directly to The Necessary Stage.
Through this webpage, you can choose to make a one time or recurrent donation to us via your credit card or GrabPay, as well as select which causes or initiatives you wish your donation to be directed to.
Help us champion our cause to create challenging, indigenous and innovative theatre that touches the heart and mind!
Thank you for your kind support!
Be a Sponsor
Sponsorship of the M1 Singapore Fringe Festival gives you a fantastic opportunity to associate your company's name, logo and brand with one of the fastest growing, high-profile and anticipated arts events around!
Sponsorship of the arts is in general regarded as a wonderful investment and useful marketing and promotional tool for companies keen to establish themselves as commercial entities that can contribute to social well-being.
Here at the M1 Singapore Fringe Festival, we have a fervent belief in developing the Fringe as a creative centre that encourages innovation, discourse and positive engagement.
During our 12-day long festival, sponsors and partners share and participate in this celebration of creativity and connection with the community. In the 2020 edition of the Fringe—held prior to the COVID-19 pandemic—the festival reached out 3,893 people through free and ticketed events, including a record 95.88% house for ticketed events. We aim to attain the same audienceship—if not more—for all future editions of the Fringe, now that theatres have reopened with the relaxation of Safe Management Measures in Singapore.
In order to do so, aside from having a thrilling line-up for programmes, the M1 Singapore Fringe Festival also runs an exciting, socially engaging and highly visible marketing and communications campaign from around November to January each year.
Our extensive, nation-wide media relations campaign goes hand-in-hand with our comprehensive and highly visible marketing drive which often includes:
- An accessible Festival website at www.singaporefringe.com;
- A robust social media marketing presence via dedicated Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn accounts to engage audiences;
- Partnerships with media channels such as JCDecaux (Official Outdoor Media) for poster advertisements at bus stops located within the Fringe Belt as well as islandwide;
- One to two-month campaign of street banner advertising within the Fringe Belt;
- Collaterals for individual exhibitions and performances;
- Press kits and press releases;
- Front-of-house displays, where applicable;
- Email flyers to The Necessary Stage's local and international database, as well as the databases of our sponsors and partners;
- Onsite and venue marketing collaterals which may include floor stickers, posters, banners, plasma screen spot ads, calendar listings, etc.;
- Pre-show announcements at every performance at the Fringe, where applicable; and
- Sponsor credits in videos on demand, where applicable.
The Fringe's marketing campaign may vary depending on the programme each year. Nevertheless, all sponsors and partners are always acknowledged in our collaterals, based on your level of investment.
Be a Volunteer
We are looking for:
- Front-of-house volunteers.
Volunteering with the Fringe is a fabulous way to meet new people and artists, learn what happens behind the scenes of running a fringe festival, and get involved with one of the most dynamic events in town!
The commitment periods range from four-hour blocks to a few months. No prior experience is required for most positions, though you should have a keen interest in the arts and meeting people from all around the world.
Your volunteering can be acknowledged as CIP hours upon request.